Asia's Top 5 Kayaking & Rafting Experiences
From placid lakes, mighty rivers and cerulean seas, Asia provides the perfect backdrop for a wonderful variety of water activities. Here are our top five kayaking or rafting experiences
- Northern Laos: Paddle from Nong Khiaw to Luang Prabang on the Nam Ou and Mekong through majestic karst landscapes, stopping for a picnic lunch at the sacred Pak Ou Caves.
- Philippines: El Nido is home to some of the finest sea kayaking on the planet. The El Nido Resorts offer complimentary use of kayaks to paddle in this marine wonderland.
- Thailand: Thailand has a wealth of options for water-based activities. Kayaking in the Khao Sok National Park and down the River Kwai are two gentle options, or the more adventurous may want to tackle the Class II and III rapids on the Pai River, featured on Alternative Thailand.
- Sri Lanka: The 6.5 kilometre stretch of class II and III rapids on the Kelani River is a must for those looking to add a shot of adrenaline in Sri Lanka. Check out the Borderlands Adventure Camp, a resort made with thrill-seekers in mind.
- Indonesia: White water rafting on the Maiting River is a truly unique way to explore the more remote areas of Toraja Land in Southern Sulawesi. This is featured on our brand new Adventures in Sulawesi.